And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near.Ephesians Chapter 2 Verse 17
Funding and Outreach Mission Team
Trinity Church has received of God’s grace, and so we choose to give five percent of all church income for furthering God’s Kingdom on Earth. The Funding and Outreach Mission Team (‘FOMT’) oversees this charitable giving of Trinity Church as a sub-committee of the church Council. FOMT is made up of Council and non-council Trinity Church members. Other TCE members with a heart for outreach and mission are invited to join us in discernment and prayer for this important work.
FOMT Distribution Policy
The distribution of funds allocated to mission beyond Trinity Church is orientated to four categories. These categories provide a framework through which to review our allocation of funds.
- Evangelism: Frontline, active presentation of the Gospel.
- Mercy: A response of gracious kindness to those who need help. Disaster relief is a typical example. It is difficult to budget for or anticipate as pleas for help come unexpected.
- Awareness / Discipleship: This area is focused on the development of people for distant mission, particularly younger people from within our own church community. It is seeding and nurturing mission hearted people.
- Justice: Involves putting things right, especially where structural injustice needs to be challenged.
Maintaining a set distribution pattern is not a hard policy. The total mix needs to include all four categories but allocation remains flexible.
Current Mission Distribution
- Mission Partners
- Andrew and Ruth Garvey-Williams in Buncrana, Republic of Ireland
- Aphrezo and Sylvia Kroze in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Allston and Shanthi Olive in Pondicherry, India
More information on each of the mission partners’ projects can be found on the FOMT information board near the coffee table at church.
- FOMT also currently supports the Gill family, which lives in exile in Sri Lanka as they had to flee their home country because of Christian activities they were involved in. This support consists of the rental payment for their temporary home and a cash collection in the church for basic food staples and children’s education costs for their family — 2 adults and 4 children.
- Ongoing support to The Mission to Seafarers located in Rotterdam harbour.
- Support for Hwee Chong as a member of Trinity Church on mission with OM.
Traditionally, during Advent, FOMT has also organised a ‘Missions Market’ of food and crafts in church after a Sunday service to raise funds for mission projects. This is always a successful event and a wonderful time of fellowship amongst church members and local visitors.
Donate to FOMT Online Now
If you would like to support Trinity Church’s missions outreach you can now directly and immediately donate to FOMT using the secure online donation below. The donation form has a suggested amount which you can change as you wish. Your donation will be automatically labelled as being a donation to FOMT, so you can be assured that your giving will go 100% to supporting Trinity’s mission outreach work.
This form is secured by digital certificate and utilises end-to-end encryption. Convenient payment methods such as iDEAL, bank transfer and other options are available.
When you click the button above you will be transferred to the website of our secure payment processor Mollie B.V., located in the Netherlands, to process the transaction. No financial data (e.g. card numbers, bank account details) are stored on the Trinity Church website and/or systems.