Personal privacy, the right of ownership of the individual to their personal data, is taken very seriously by Trinity Church Eindhoven. As individuals share in the life of the church as involved members, they will choose to share personal data. This sharing of personal information naturally is respected, and Trinity Church Eindhoven, in spirit and in outworking, fully subscribes to the aims and intent of the European Commission to ensure the protection of individual’s personal data.
1. Your personal data — what is it?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a ‘data subject’). A data ‘controller’ means a natural or legal person, agency or other body which determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. The processing of personal data in the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) titled in the Netherlands as Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming (‘AVG’).
2. Who are we?
We are Trinity Church Eindhoven, legally defined in the Netherlands as a Kerkgenootschap (in English: ‘church fellowship’). Trinity Church Eindhoven is the data controller of personal data which the organisation processes. Persons in Trinity Church Eindhoven, typically ministry team members, or other persons as required, are authorised by the data controller to process that personal data.
3. What personal data do we use?
In accordance with the principle of data minimisation, we record and use only such personal data as is required to keep you informed about news, events, activities and church services; involve you in church activities; and care for you pastorally. This may include some or all of the following personal data:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- IP Address
4. How do we process your personal data?
Trinity Church Eindhoven complies with its obligations under the GDPR by:
- keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely;
- by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and
- by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes — to:
- Enable the church leadership and other church members to communicate with you about all matters of church life;
- Keep you informed about news, events, activities and services, and involve you in church activities;
- Enable you to participate fully in church life, care, ministry and mission;
- Care for you pastorally.
- Administer membership records
- Manage our employees and volunteers
- Maintain our own accounts and records
5. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- The legal basis in the GDPR under which Trinity Church Eindhoven records and processes personal data is that of given consent.
- For processing of data pertaining to children under 16 years of age the consent of a person holding parental responsibility is required and will be explicitly requested.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to accounts or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared within Trinity Church Eindhoven in order to carry out a service to church members, or for purposes connected with the church and according to our legal responsibilities. There is no disclosure of personal data outside of Trinity Church Eindhoven without consent.
Personal data will not be transferred outside the European Union.
7. Processing of special personal data
Trinity Church Eindhoven is a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim and as such can process special data, as provided for in article 9, paragraph 2(d) of the GDPR, in addition to the personal data specified above.
Processing of special personal data is carried out with the following provisions:
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data for as long as you are a member, or former member, of Trinity Church Eindhoven and do not withdraw your consent for the church to continue to remain in contact with you and hold your personal data.
In the case of deceased persons Trinity Church Eindhoven will deal with the personal data of the deceased person with sensitivity — in accordance with the wishes of remaining family members or as directed by the laws of the Netherlands.
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Trinity Church Eindhoven holds about you;
- The right to request that Trinity Church Eindhoven corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Trinity Church Eindhoven to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
- The right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate authority in the Netherlands.
10. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
11. Website cookies
a) What are cookies?
Cookies are bits of data which are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. In this case when you visit the Trinity website.
- For the technical running of the website. Cookies used for this purpose are commonly called ‘strictly necessary cookies’. Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. You can, if you wish, block these cookies (indeed it is possible to block all cookies using browser settings and/or tools for this purpose) but this will limit the features of the website available to you.
- Website usage and performance analysis.These type of cookies, typically called ‘analytical cookies’, are used by us to gauge usage of the website and to enhance its performance. We use Google Analytics (‘GA’) for this purpose. GA is now in compliance with the European GDPR, further we have made use of settings in GA to instruct Google not to store any data (even though such data is already anonymised). Visitors have the option to disable analytical cookies via our website cookie settings tool, however we encourage all visitors to the website to enable them.
- For remembering your preferences. These type of cookies, usually called ‘functional cookies’ remember your preferences and settings as you use the website. They help facilitate your usage of the website and, again, we encourage all visitors to the website to enable them.
Trinity Church Eindhoven does not use any advertising and/or marketing cookies.
c) Third-party cookies
Various features, for example embedded Google Maps, on the website use services provided by third parties which may utilise cookies. We have no direct control over those third parties. If you wish to block third-party cookies you may do so using browser settings and/or add-ons. Please note however that blocking some third-party cookies may impact features on the website.
12. Contact Trinity Church Eindhoven
To exercise all relevant rights, queries, or complaints with respect to your personal data please contact Trinity Church Eindhoven at the following:
Trinity Church Eindhoven
De Pracht 1
5583 CW Waalre